Thursday 5 April 2012

Another Thrifty Birthday; No.1 Son is 17!

As you lovely readers will know, I am attempting to stick to a strict birthday present budget of only £100 for 12 months; for everything! End of story: that's it!  This represents a cut back of over £600 on last year's spend.  With over 30 birthdays throughout the year, I have been having quite a challenge making and charity shop buying all my presents.  And the latest birthday was a biggie!

It's hard to believe it, but at the tender age of 34, my own baby has reached the wondrous age of 17!  The age in fact, that I was when he was born, (but you maths' fiends would have worked that one out already!)

The Hat Collection
Thankfully, No.1 Son is a dream-teen, a real smart cookie and nothing like his rebellious mother was at his age!  So, to celebrate his 17th Solar Orbit, I literally put my thinking cap on. 

You see, No.1 Son has a small, but perfectly formed, hat collection, (did I mention he is quite eccentric?) And I couldn't believe my luck, as I was walking through Stockbridge the other day and saw the ideal present in a charity shop window...






The Perfect Present





             


     .... the perfect addition to the collection!











Uncle Al
Much fun was had on the day,  with everyone trying it on (after all, who doesn't love a hat?!)

All the fun of the fair, for a £10 donation to charity.   I don't think you can get better than that!

And no, he didn't want driving lessons.  He is an accidental environmentalist (hooray!), who doesn't see the point in learning to drive ("that's what buses are for").

3 comments:

  1. What I lovely gift :) Happy Birthday to your son! I think that one very thoughtful gift is much better than so much spending of things that aren't important and end up being wasted x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vegetarian Girl! I totally agree :o)

      Delete
  2. That is utterly fantastic. My tween can't wait to get her hands on the latest phone, ipod and DS, so you do indeed have a dream teen. Belated birthday wishes to him and congrats on your lovely find!

    ReplyDelete