Thursday 19 January 2012

Easy on the honey: Natural skincare

My new regime of using only natural Witch Hazel and Almond Oil on my face is going well.  The extreme dryness (caused by a reaction to a really 'posh' skincare cream I was given) is abating. 

Cheered by these results I wanted to try a natural skin polish, in order to help get rid of those last pesky flaky skins cells.  So last night I mixed up some honey with a teaspoon of porridge oats, added a little dash of milk, to the mix to help with the consistency and then rubbed the mix onto my face.  I was really dubious about this, but had read so many times about this type of mix that I thought it would be worth giving it and go.  And it absolutely was! 

The whole process was a bit messy, as the oats dropped off as I used them, so I had to lean over the bathroom sink to catch the mess.  But as I worked the oats on my skin, the oats became really soft and the honey mix meant that it really glided over my skin.  It felt absolutely gorgeous! 

I used one of my trusty face-cloths to wash the mix off and my skin felt really super smooth afterwards.  I even had to get JW to feel it, so that he could check-out the difference too, (he humoured me and made the appropriate confirmation of softness; he is a good husband!)

It only took a couple of minutes to mix up (if that) and another couple of minutes to rub on and wash off.  100% natural, quick, cheap, packaging free and effective.  What is not to like!  Oats, Honey and Milk Mix will now be part of my regular routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment