Wednesday 18 January 2012

A Thrifty Cup of Tea

My lovely little teapot
I love my cuppa and I certainly conform to the British stereotype of being obsessed by a good brew.

This week I have been making my tea obsession just that little bit more affordable, by using a one-cup tea pot and re-using the same tea-bag throughout the day. 

My mother-in-law gave me this sweet little teapot (pictured), as she was having a clear out and it needed a home.  Thanks to her generosity, I can now put a tea-bag in the pot in the morning, brew my morning tea and leave the tea-bag in the pot.  When I am ready for my next cup, I simply pour more hot water into the teapot.  Easy as.

I can get two cups of tea out of the same tea-bag (my usual tea allowance for a day) and it will stretch to three cups at a push, if need be.  Each tea-bag costs me .04p, so by using an average of one per day instead of two, I calculate that I am saving myself .28p a week.  Which isn't a lot, but it soon adds up, to £14.56 a year extra in my pocket.  Nice one; I'll drink to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment